• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monte
    230 Tornado
    • Jun 24, 2018

J10 Steering intermediate shaft replacement

Hi, In the next part of my restoration/upgrade of my 1983 J10 Style side, I am looking to upgrade my Steering intermediate shaft.

I have researched and found that a lot of people have used a CJ shaft, or purchase a exact replacement.

Due to my location being in Australia, time, distance, cost, and freight is a large factor if you don't get the right one straight up.

It would be greatly appreciated if someone could assist with a CJ part number, or another model that would fit, or the details of a shaft that would be stronger, and be an upgrade as a replacement that would bolt directly in?
    Thank you in advance for any assistance,
    Peter
  • StretchinPA
    230 Tornado
    • Dec 18, 2019

Originally posted by monte
    Hi, In the next part of my restoration/upgrade of my 1983 J10 Style side, I am looking to upgrade my Steering intermediate shaft.

I have researched and found that a lot of people have used a CJ shaft, or purchase a exact replacement.

Due to my location being in Australia, time, distance, cost, and freight is a large factor if you don't get the right one straight up.

It would be greatly appreciated if someone could assist with a CJ part number, or another model that would fit, or the details of a shaft that would be stronger, and be an upgrade as a replacement that would bolt directly in?
    Thank you in advance for any assistance,
    Peter
    This thread might be helpful for you.

I was going through a salvage yard the other day and noticed that a XJ steering shaft is really close to the late model GW shaft but without the rag joint. (84-96 XJ) The top joint on the shafts are different so I slid both apart. I was able to use the stock wagoneer upper shaft and the XJ lower shaft.

Comment

Working...
    X