• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • meanphil
    230 Tornado
    • Feb 13, 2012

Ls conversion fuel delivery....74 Wag

Havent been on here for quite awhile...Ive since put a 5.3 out of a 2004 Avalanche in my 74 Wagoneer. Taken out the side saddle fuel tank opting for a rear mounted tank. Problem is that I don't know what tank actually fits back there nicely. In a perfect world I would like to be able to run a GM in tank fuel sending unit, but thats going to mean the tank probably hanging down further than i would like. Just wondering if anyone new of another setup? Maybe Cherokee rear mounted tank? Or am I going to be stuck with an externally mounted regulator? Any help would be appreciated
  • rawdave
    350 Buick
    • Jun 13, 2000

I put in a mid 80's bronco fuel tank. Requires a body lift (3") for it to fit well.
    "You fancy people with your shoes."

87 Grand Wagoneer
    2009 GMC 5.3L Vortec
    Sterling 10.25 Rear
    8 Lug J10 Front
    TSM Mfg Rear Disk Brake Conversion
    33 Gallon Rear Poly Tank

69 J-3000 Pickup
    Plans:
    2.8 Cummins Diesel Repower
    6L90
    Atlas Transfer Case

82 J-10 Pickup 258
    Leave it as-is except to fix all the issues.

Comment

• okjeep
      258 I6
      • Jan 08, 2008

Regardless of the tank you use, it will be doubtful you would get to run the stock pump assembly.

On my wifesyj I have run a variety of pumps but found this pump to be the best to feed the 5.3ho for psi and volume:

2007 jeep grand Cherokee
      Delphi dfp fe0417
      48 gph/58psi

It is purchased as the pump only. You can not get a late model pump only. It is the entire assembly.

I am looking at getting a 30 gallon tank from Tahoe to mount at the back. The dimensions work well for a truck. Will have to fab up mounts no matter what.

Comment

• meanphil
        230 Tornado
        • Feb 13, 2012

Thanks for the input...Ive mocked up the Tahoe tank with a cardboard box made from the dimensions and that does seem to be a good fit.

Comment

• ingersoll113
          230 Tornado
          • Mar 09, 2007

Rear Mount Tank

I put one in my 86 Waggy out of a cherokee and used a steel gas tank skid out of a late 80's cherokee (Newer ones are plastic). I welded 1/2" flange nuts in the frame, made my own straps and installed it using an inline pump feeding a Vortec 454. It tucks up nicely and looks factory. Sorry, it is in storage or I'd get you pics. Very happy with it.
          Some guys say to keep the stock Cherokee pump in place as a booster for a higher pressure inline pump.

Comment

Working...
          X