• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SIUADOG
    232 I6
    • May 18, 2014

Best of all..... it's free!

....from ethanol. Several Racetrac gas stations in metro Atlanta are now selling real gas, but at a premium. Previously, you had to drive an hour to get good gas.
    Hopefully the price difference will adjust in our favor.

Just Empty Every Pocket

1988 Grand Wagoneer
    AMC 360
    727 TF
    No modifications so far... Yeah, I'll probably keep it stock.

Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association
  • 68glad
    350 Buick
    • Jun 01, 2006

Pretty sad isn't it? What we now consider "good" gas used to be the norm & cost what the regular now does. Got replaced with gas that "contains up to 10% crap".
    68 gladiator- 455/400/20 r.i.p.
    78 wagoneer- 401, drw60, drw70, 203/205, 38's, oba, obw, hydroboost, dual p/s pump, bla bla bla

"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."

Comment

I still want 85 octane sans C2H6O. Put some in the wife's Kia Soul last week when we went to The Dalles and up to Spirit lake on Mt St Helens (across the lake from the crater that blew out). With the car loaded. Us, our dog (american staffordshire terrier) our suitcases and a crate of water and some food. We averaged 40 mpg and it usually gets 32 mpg with the 87 crap in Seattle with just my wife on the freeway to/from work.
      Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental.

Comment

• DarkMonohue
        Shakes hands with danger
        • Jul 01, 2012

Originally posted by SIUADOG
        Hopefully the price difference will adjust in our favor.
        I'm not sure what you mean by that. Are you talking about the potential for better fuel economy? Vehicles with o2 sensor feedback and the ability to trim air-fuel ratios can see a difference in MPG (approximately 5% change in AFR and MPG for 10% ethanol content). Carbureted, non-feedback vehicles don't adjust for different fuel mixtures and shouldn't see a change in fuel economy unless rejetted, or unless the jetting was really wrong to begin with.

My J20 is perfectly happy on E10 and runs well from cold start up to full temp. Stock carburetor, stock jetting, no ill effects evident.
        '85 J20 Old Man Truck, bought @ 65K miles - not great, but better than walking.
        Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association
        High quality junk here: intro thread and slow build thread

Did you know? Willys is just Willis spelled differently, but pronounced the same. Neither Willy nor his apostrophe are involved.

Comment

Working...
        X