• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • firedog
    232 I6
    • Nov 03, 2014

Good .bin file for 360 for TunerPro

So, anybody have a good bin file they love with their AMC 360 motor?

I have the stock Howell program, and I have the stock Chevy TBI truck program from the 7747 ECM. Both run really, really rich in mine. (on this rig I put on a Howell TBI system).

Does someone have a good program they run? I'd be besides myself if I found one for the 0-4k ft elevation range, and one for a 4k-10k ft elevation range.

Cheers all!!

1990 Grand Waggy / Howell TBI AMC 360 / DUI Performance distributor / BJ's 6" lift ' / 35" Kevlar MTR's / 4.56 gearing / E2 lockers front and rear / Sway bar disconnects / Hydroboost brake system / HD UJoint rag-joint eliminating steering shaft / and various other real nice goodies
  • firedog
    232 I6
    • Nov 03, 2014

I have the Howell bin for anyone that is looking btw if they wanted a good spot to start from.

There are some tweaks I'd like to do to it now, but now that I have everything working so great on my rig, the Howell .bin runs pretty good.

I'd say it runs richer than a stock $42 bin just for reference.
    1990 Grand Waggy / Howell TBI AMC 360 / DUI Performance distributor / BJ's 6" lift ' / 35" Kevlar MTR's / 4.56 gearing / E2 lockers front and rear / Sway bar disconnects / Hydroboost brake system / HD UJoint rag-joint eliminating steering shaft / and various other real nice goodies

Comment

• Achilles
      350 Buick
      • May 12, 2004

Just musing, it would be nice if we could put together a clean starter bin that would safely start and run a stock motor as a starting point for those who are going to fuel injection. It could be modified to suit your needs and equipment so you would not have to start completely at ground zero.
      Life happens while you are making plans...............

1983 Wagoneer Limeted, 169k 360 AMC, NP 229, 727,
      MODS: 2003 Durango bucket seats:
      http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=159286
      Build Thread: http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=174925

Comment

• firedog
        232 I6
        • Nov 03, 2014

Originally posted by Achilles
        Just musing, it would be nice if we could put together a clean starter bin that would safely start and run a stock motor as a starting point for those who are going to fuel injection. It could be modified to suit your needs and equipment so you would not have to start completely at ground zero.
        So, I've been working with the master and commander of things tuning -- the creator of TunerPro (who happens to live 5 minutes from my house) and the stellar Mr. Moates ... and a great suggestion by BabyWag here on the forum, and what I'm finding is that the stock ADSU program for the 350 is actually a decent place to start. Not getting too deep into the weeds, but it was actually quite easy to start getting my long term fuel trim to 128 from the stock ADSU program. My idle is set perfect now, and now I'm just going to try and work through the rest of the table and get everything set so i'm as close to 128 throughout the table.

The Howell program that came with mine is definitely rich...and I'm at sea level for all intents and purposes.

I have a copy of the stock ADSU bin for anyone who wants a good basic place to start from.

I'm still new to the programming game, and have much to learn, but it's pretty fun to get into it and see how simple (once you grasp the concepts) it can be and how rewarding on performance!

Comment

• babywag
          out of order
          • Jun 08, 2005

In TunerPro you can do a .bin compare, compare the stock Howell to the stock ASDU.

IIRC Howell doesn't change much vs. stock.
          Tony
          88 GW, 67 J3000, 07 Magnum SRT8

Comment

• firedog
            232 I6
            • Nov 03, 2014

Originally posted by babywag
            In TunerPro you can do a .bin compare, compare the stock Howell to the stock ASDU.

IIRC Howell doesn't change much vs. stock.
            Yup. That's what I see. They changed some fuel table (richer) and did spark changes, but that's about it.

I actually went back to the stock ASDU and am starting from there. I got the idle BLM and short term trim to 128 at idle. runs so nice. Now, I just need to work myself through the table and do the same until it's all as close to 128 as I can get.

After our trip, I think I'm going to work on getting my DUI dizzy sent back and setup with GM spark control module so I can control that as well, and lose the vacuum advance.

Babywag...do you have knock sensor hooked up? Since they're tuned to specific blocks (if you do) does it work?

Comment

• babywag
              out of order
              • Jun 08, 2005

I do not on my '90, but do have it on the '88.

It appears to detect knock on the '88 properly, like when I tried a pretty aggressive timing curve.
              Not sure how accurate it actually is though.
              Tony

Comment

• babywag
                out of order
                • Jun 08, 2005

Also don't beat yourself up trying to get that "perfect 128" on every cell.

It changes due to varying conditions and that's what the computer is for.
                Do a couple good logs, adjust it, and call it good.
                Tony

Comment

• firedog
                  232 I6
                  • Nov 03, 2014

Also don't beat yourself up trying to get that "perfect 128" on every cell.

It changes due to varying conditions and that's what the computer is for.
                  Do a couple good logs, adjust it, and call it good.
                  I'm shooting for 128 as close as I can, but I figure that if I'm between 120 and 140 all around the table in general, I'll be good and let the computer compensate appropriately.

Did you use a knock sensor for a 350 btw? I figure that's the only way the ECM will recognize it?

And when you put in a VSS, did you have to change speedo's to an electronic?

Comment

• Achilles
                    350 Buick
                    • May 12, 2004

I am watching this closely. I still have some other task to take care of before I get on my fuel injection install.
                    Life happens while you are making plans...............

1983 Wagoneer Limeted, 169k 360 AMC, NP 229, 727,
                    MODS: 2003 Durango bucket seats:
                    http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=159286
                    Build Thread: http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=174925

Comment

• babywag
                      out of order
                      • Jun 08, 2005

Originally posted by firedog
                      I'm shooting for 128 as close as I can, but I figure that if I'm between 120 and 140 all around the table in general, I'll be good and let the computer compensate appropriately.

Did you use a knock sensor for a 350 btw? I figure that's the only way the ECM will recognize it?

And when you put in a VSS, did you have to change speedo's to an electronic?
                      You want it closer than that like 125-135. What I meant was don't obsess on "128".

No, still mechanical speedo.
                      Knock sensor needs to match module. So use what donor vehicle had.
                      Tony

Comment

• firedog
                        232 I6
                        • Nov 03, 2014

You want it closer than that like 125-135. What I meant was don't obsess on "128".

No, still mechanical speedo.
                        Knock sensor needs to match module. So use what donor vehicle had.
                        So where is your VSS coming from? on my other rig, I put in an electronic speedometer and signal from that went to ECM I think...where is the Vehicle Speed Sensor getting it's info from? Or maybe the easier question is where does the VSS go if it's not already in and you're keeping you manual speedo cable? is there an insert that fits between the manual speedo cable and the TC?

Comment

• babywag
                          out of order
                          • Jun 08, 2005

Why You Might Want One. Without a Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) and the reluctor ring that feeds it signals, many engines including the Chevrolet TPI fuel-injected engines we specialize in will not run correctly and will not pass a smog test.Background on Our VSS Products. JTR Stealth Conversions began offering aftermarke

you want #1 2PRS
                          Tony

Comment

• firedog
                            232 I6
                            • Nov 03, 2014

Comment

• Bill USN-1
                              258 I6
                              • Nov 11, 2006

I would recommend spending a little time in the injection forum FAQs on binderplanet.com like most others here did when they started.
                              Everything you are slowly discovering is already spelled out in the FAQs and has been for about 15yrs.
                              All you need to do is read and follow the instructions.
                              Even how to set up a basic tune for any engine like the AMCs.

There's really no need to try to reinvent the wheel.
                              Bill USN-1
                              Fuel Injection Moderator at BinderPlanet
                              Hamilton Fuel Injection
                              75 scout XLC 345/727/JPD300/3.73's/33's/4wdisc/hydroboost/EFI/OBA/OBW
                              1977 Innocenti 1001 (Italian Mini)EFI 1275/DIS

Comment

Working...
                              X