• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gopher_6_9
    232 I6
    • Aug 22, 2012

Holley analog projection.....

Ok, I have read the less than stellar reviews, however I took the plunge, I found a good priced analog projection and have the knowledge and ability to tune it. So far I have:

Complete Projection kit
    Edelbrock performer intake
    intake gaskets
    Carb gaskets
    Mounting hardware

Any other suggestions?
    1983 Cherokee W/T
  • gsmikie
    Auto Trannie God
    • Feb 18, 2001

do you have the install video ??? i think i still have it here
    I\'ve seen gsmikie\'s video for the TH400 and thought it was just awful.watching a guy tear down a greasy pile of metal in a junkyard. it dosent have to be surrounded by water to be an island

Comment

• jdaniel83
      350 Buick
      • Sep 26, 2008

I'm assuming you got the instruction manual with it, but if you didn't I believe you can download it at Holley's website. The install isn't too difficult but it is somewhat time consuming. As far as parts I believe you pretty much have it covered. You will need a hole saw (can't remember the exact size) to cut the hole in the firewall for the wiring harness to go through. And make sure you have extra splices, solder, electrical tape, or whatever you are going to use to wire it with. It's been a while since I installed it but if you have any questions let me know. Good luck.
      '89 GW; 4" Susp Lift on 32" Wild Country MTX; 360, HEI, Edelbrock Intake, Melling MTA-1 Cam, Summit 600 carb, 3.73 Gears

'70 Wagoneer; stock Buick Dauntless 350, TH400; 3.73 stock gears

'83 Wagoneer Limited; stock 360, 727, 3.31 gears.

Comment

• gopher_6_9
        232 I6
        • Aug 22, 2012

Sweet thanks guys. It showed up today. Good shape, ran into some problems with the axle swap today, got that situated, intake will be here tomorrow, but between work it may be next week before I get started.

No install video, but I do have the manuel. I honestly think the manuel will be enough. This looks way easier than the megasquirt I built for the 92 Rx-7 Turbo that I had.... defiantly more time consuming to tune, but easier install.

as far as tools, Should have everything, bit of a tool junkie.... just finding it. Just moved still getting garage set up.

Wiring was my specialty when I worked at a dealership.

I will keep you updated. Will start a build thread soon as well.
        1983 Cherokee W/T

Comment

• gopher_6_9
          232 I6
          • Aug 22, 2012

[s]One thought that came to mind. I have the edelbrock gaskets, standard gaskets..... is the factory valley pan type gasket really that much better or will I be ok using the edelbrock gaskets?[/s]

After more research I am using the valley pan and gaskets to block exhaust crossover.
          Last edited by gopher_6_9; 05-01-2013, 02:41 AM.
          1983 Cherokee W/T

Comment

• Joe Guilbeau
            304 AMC
            • Apr 17, 2002

Just bolt it up and test for gas leaks, then have someone crank the engine while you adjust the Throttle Position Sensor up and down until it runs smoothly at idle.

Make the fuel pressure between 11-13 PSI... let her warm up.

Then set the knobs on the analog ECU to mid range and readjust the throttle position sender until you can blip the engine without dying.

Follow the initial set up instructions to set the Mid Range FIRST!!!

This is critical as all other knobs work from this starting point.

Some additional details to ponder... scroll down to read.

Okay ya'all here's what's happening. My 83 Chero has a rebuilt 360 along with the Holley Pro-Jection fuel injection unit. We put in new plugs, wires, distributor, rotor, etc over the weekend. It's much better but we're still having some stalling issues. I downloaded the manual from Holley. Sheesh. Bottom line: I'm
            Joe Guilbeau<br />1983 Cherokee Laredo WT (SJ-17), 360/229/727/D44/D60 4.10 Gearing, 8-lug hubs, Edelbrock Performer w/EGR Intake, Mallory Unilite Series 47 Photo-Optic Infrared Trigger Vacuum Distributor, Mallory Surge Protector, Mallory Promaster Coil, Holley Pro-Jection TBI 502-Analog, FlowKooler High Output Water Pump, Staggered 4-Core Custom Industrial Radiator, HD Fan Clutch, Dual Electric Fans, CS130 Delco 105-Amp Alternator, Oil Bypass Mods at Rear of Block and Distributor Oiling, Superlift 4\" Suspension, Rancho RS5000\'s, Hi-Tech 31\" Re-Treads, Aero 33 Gal Tank w/Skid Plate, Custom Rear \"Longhorn\" Bumper

Comment

• gopher_6_9
              232 I6
              • Aug 22, 2012

Absolutely Joe. Already have that printed and going to go by it. Hope to get to start on it Tuesday.
              1983 Cherokee W/T

Comment

Does it have the O2 sensor or is it Gen 1?
                Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental.

Comment

• gopher_6_9
                  232 I6
                  • Aug 22, 2012

early, trying to locate the 02 add on, but they are hard to come by for the early gen....
                  1983 Cherokee W/T

Comment

Working...
                  X