International Full Size Jeep Association

International Full Size Jeep Association (http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/index.php)
-   Engine (http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   the 401 (http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=44467)

Grantshire 12-11-2003 09:39 AM

I wanted to be #200! Anyway, I just picked up the extra parts from the machine shop (had two 401's that I am making one out of). I have a few usable rods left if anyone is interested. Send me a PM.

Gwamp 12-11-2003 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by John V:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by RogueStar:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Are we done yet?

heck no !!! i think we're going for the record !!!
remember the little nifty blue trailer?
</font>[/quote]Now why did you have to go and bring that up? ;)
</font>[/quote]Did someone page me? :D

Crazy_Jeepman 12-11-2003 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Gwamp:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by John V:

</font>[/quote]Gwamp You are SAD!!!! I seen that post and figured it would take at least a day for you to sniff it out!!! LMAO Where is that TROUT!!!!

Gwamp 12-11-2003 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Crazy_Jeepman:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Gwamp:

</font>[/quote]Gwamp You are SAD!!!! I seen that post and figured it would take at least a day for you to sniff it out!!! LMAO Where is that TROUT!!!!
</font>[/quote]Careful or I will let lose my legions of loyal fanatics to crush your vile heresey! :D [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Retro93 12-11-2003 09:52 AM

Quote:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Crazy_Jeepman:

</font>[/quote]Careful or I will let lose my legions of loyal fanatics to crush your vile heresey! :D [img]tongue.gif[/img]
</font>[/quote]Now all we need is a 401 mounted on a nifty blue trailer...good to go. :D :eek:

John V 12-11-2003 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Retro93:

</font>[/quote]Now all we need is a 401 mounted on a nifty blue trailer...good to go. :D :eek:
</font>[/quote]I sent him home with a 401 on the nifty blue trailer last time he was here, does that count?

Retro93 12-11-2003 10:01 AM

Quote:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Retro93:

</font>[/quote]I sent him home with a 401 on the nifty blue trailer last time he was here, does that count?
</font>[/quote]So does that mean that we have to chant and dance double hard in the presence of the said icon? :eek:

John V 12-11-2003 10:03 AM

Quote:

</font>[/quote]So does that mean that we have to chant and dance double hard in the presence of the said icon? :eek:
</font>[/quote]Naw, it's just another _ _ AMC motor!

Banks 12-11-2003 10:07 AM

WOW!I had to let the steam clear off this topic before I threw in my .02. :eek: I put the Caddy in my truck 2 years ago and it's been the best "mod" i've ever done.Went thru 3 360's (no 401's)in 15 years, all had spun rod bearings (low/no oil pressure). I have 35/40 psi at idle all the time with the Caddy.If I were to have another AMC V-8 the FIRST thing I would do is the oil mod,PEROID! Anyway, dosn't (AMC) Jeep mean - Just Everybody Else's Parts- ;) .........As a side note, anybody ever come to Atlanta, look me up and I'll be happy to let you test drive my truck.(you MIGHT like it) :cool: Marc

Gwamp 12-11-2003 10:09 AM

Quote:

</font>[/quote]Naw, it's just another _ _ AMC motor!
</font>[/quote]Sold that one, gonna sell the next one as well! :D

Retro93 12-11-2003 10:11 AM

Yeah... I too have a collection of AMC spun bearings and bad cranks. Looking at that pile of junk sure makes the engine swap decision easier. [img]smile.gif[/img] To remind me of which direction I don't want to go with my mods, I keep a spun 401 rod bearing on my desk. :D

[ December 11, 2003, 04:15 PM: Message edited by: Retro93 ]

Crazy_Jeepman 12-11-2003 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Banks:
WOW!I had to let the steam clear off this topic before I threw in my .02. :eek: I put the Caddy in my truck 2 years ago and it's been the best "mod" i've ever done.Went thru 3 360's (no 401's)in 15 years, all had spun rod bearings (low/no oil pressure). I have 35/40 psi at idle all the time with the Caddy.If I were to have another AMC V-8 the FIRST thing I would do is the oil mod,PEROID! Anyway, dosn't (AMC) Jeep mean - Just Everybody Else's Parts- ;) .........As a side note, anybody ever come to Atlanta, look me up and I'll be happy to let you test drive my truck.(you MIGHT like it) :cool: Marc
Hi Marc I seen ya sneaking around this post for some time now! Your info on your Swap and your email was helpful in my deciding on the Caddy. Just took me awhile to get all the toys I wanted to go with it! :D

Retro93 12-11-2003 10:12 AM

Quote:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Banks:

Hi Marc I seen ya sneaking around this post for some time now! Your info on your Swap and your email was helpful in my deciding on the Caddy. Just took me awhile to get all the toys I wanted to go with it! :D </font>[/quote]Combined with a little "help" from your friends. :D

Crazy_Jeepman 12-11-2003 10:14 AM

Quote:

Hi Marc I seen ya sneaking around this post for some time now! Your info on your Swap and your email was helpful in my deciding on the Caddy. Just took me awhile to get all the toys I wanted to go with it! :D </font>[/quote]Combined with a little "help" from your friends. :D </font>[/quote]OH Yea LEST WE FORGET the TROUBLE MAKERS IN ONES LIFE!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

John V 12-11-2003 10:14 AM

Quote:

Sold that one, gonna sell the next one as well! :D [/QB]
If'n it weren't for the drugs you might have it already! ;)

Retro93 12-11-2003 10:19 AM

Quote:

Hi Marc I seen ya sneaking around this post for some time now! Your info on your Swap and your email was helpful in my deciding on the Caddy. Just took me awhile to get all the toys I wanted to go with it! :D </font>[/quote]Combined with a little "help" from your friends. :D </font>[/quote]OH Yea LEST WE FORGET the TROUBLE MAKERS IN ONES LIFE!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: </font>[/quote]Well yeah....it's a tough job...but someone has to do it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Crazy_Jeepman 12-11-2003 10:22 AM

Quote:

Well yeah....it's a tough job...but someone has to do it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Well after I get the Caddy swaps done.......I will still be freinds with you even though you have.........ACK!!! the slimy green thing under the hood of your Cherokee. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ December 11, 2003, 04:23 PM: Message edited by: Crazy_Jeepman ]

Sambo 12-11-2003 10:23 AM

are we at 10 pages yet!!!

[ December 11, 2003, 04:24 PM: Message edited by: Sambo ]

Elliott 12-11-2003 10:24 AM

Quote:

Hi Marc I seen ya sneaking around this post for some time now! Your info on your Swap and your email was helpful in my deciding on the Caddy. Just took me awhile to get all the toys I wanted to go with it! :D </font>[/quote]Yep, best do those mods to keep up with a 401. Don't forget your valve train, hear they get sloppy with rpm.

Retro93 12-11-2003 10:26 AM

Quote:

Well yeah....it's a tough job...but someone has to do it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Well after I get the Caddy swaps done.......I will still be freinds with you even though you have.........ACK!!! the slimy green thing under the hood of your Cherokee. [img]tongue.gif[/img] </font>[/quote]I was thining along the lines of a 460 Ford...or 440 Chrysler. All you need to do is sell me on their merits when compared to the TPI 350 Chevy. [img]smile.gif[/img]