PDA

View Full Version : $14,000 for the sake of Jeep preservation !!

cfg7613
12-12-2007, 08:54 AM
My 17 year old son has been using my 88 GW as a daily driver...loved it at first - hated it after breaking down on him 3x in two weeks !! So I have bought his older sister an '06 Honda Civic and he has taken over an '02 Chevy Trailblazer. All are happy...especially me now that I have fixed everything ( for the time being ) and the Wagoneer can sit in the garage until I want to drive it !

Is there no end to the amount of money these things cost to drive and maintain??!! If I don't happen to post anytime soon...Merry Christmas to all of my buds here on the forum !

2003 mcs
12-12-2007, 01:22 PM
Is there no end to the amount of money these things cost to drive and maintain??!!

Correct, there is no end. I am at that $14k (just since April of this year) level right now and still spending:banghead:

710 Burner
12-13-2007, 08:03 AM
Preserving any vehicle can be costly, in more ways than just money. You have to weigh your needs against your love of the vehicle. That is why mine is NOT a dd. It started out as an entertainment vehicle, but now it is my main towing rig. The bad thing is, I need to buy another towing rig so I can get some work done on the Waggie.

cfg7613
12-13-2007, 08:39 AM
I think my "dry humor" has gotten lost somewhere in my first post: I ended up buying another car to add to the family fleet ( now up to 6 vehicles) which has freed up the my 88 GW to be my spare / pleasure vehicle. If it ever came down to spending $14k on that beast alone...it would be long gone !

addicted
12-13-2007, 10:03 AM
I think my "dry humor" has gotten lost somewhere in my first post: I ended up buying another car to add to the family fleet ( now up to 6 vehicles) which has freed up the my 88 GW to be my spare / pleasure vehicle. If it ever came down to spending $14k on that beast alone...it would be long gone !

In a round about way you did spend $14k on it...........

......but I got what you meant.:D

710 Burner
12-13-2007, 01:01 PM
I thought the funny thing you said in your first post was that everyone was happy. :rolleyes:

2003 mcs
12-17-2007, 11:50 PM

yeah, I understood you had to get another vehicle, I probably should have gone that route:confused:

jeepcomj
12-17-2007, 11:59 PM
one thing I hate about my comanche is that it is (was but will be again) my daily driver. all the effort put into it, and the sentimentality of a first father/son project, and some dumb @$$ (dumb@$$) kid backs out of a parking stall into the rear left corner of the bed and basically totals the truck (like I'd let the insurance company do that), when I was at a stop sign in the parking lot.

I don't intend to DD any of my prized posessions very much longer...it's too much of a gamble to trust OTHER people...