• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeepbob
    Jeep Idiot
    • Jan 16, 2001

MI Thankgiving weekend at the Mounds

Anybody up for a Thanksgiving weekend at the Mounds (Genesee County ORV Park)? I will be there and there is a GLFWDA run there TG day although I will miss that. For those that do not know, the Mounds is an ORV park that used to be an old gravel pit and has trails (about 60 miles) as well as mud pits and other things to try your rig out on. They also just got a big Fed grant to improve it more and will be putting in a rock pile.
    65 wag. with a bunch of stuff done and more happening.<br /><br />\"If the local junkyard calls you for Jeep parts, you might be a redneck\".... and yes they do!
  • Millerluck
    360 AMC
    • Sep 08, 2000

That sounds very tempting. They have turkey that way right? Need to come up with some way to break the news to the wife we are going 4 wheeling for TG.

We went to the Houghtan lake area last weekend.

You taking your Wag Bob?

Larry
    88GW "Mississippi" 401,Edelbrock heads,and stuff,
    4" Skyjacker, BFG AT's,OBA,Air Horn.

'89GW "Mutt" wood for now, 360, 1405, Edelbrock cam,
    4"Rusty's,3"body,33"BFG. Detroit Truetrack Warn Hubs

The Metal Workshop
    http://www.themetalworkshop.com/index.html

Comment

• Bombadier
      360 AMC
      • Dec 06, 2001

there's also TONS of trails past Lake City heading east towards Houghton.....about half-way if i remember correctly.
      There's a spot where an old fire tower used to be (and a hippy commune too ), the mountain it's on is rapidly becoming a parkinglot due to the gravel pit there..... But a little farther back is a GIANT swamp/bog with billions of logging trails and hunting outfit roads.
      Why do I carry a gun? Because a whole cop would be too heavy.

Originally posted by 2MANY4X'S2FIX:
      I just want her to suck, squeeze, bang, and blow as reliably as the rest of the fleet. Is that too much too ask?
      "Gilgamesh"
      1981 Cherokee Laredo W/T

Like MountainBiking?

Visit the Land of Off-Topic

Comment

• jeepbob
        Jeep Idiot
        • Jan 16, 2001

We could bbq a turkey, and I will be taking the CJ to try out some new mods. My much abused wag no longer hits the trails and has become (GASP!!!) a pavement queen.
        65 wag. with a bunch of stuff done and more happening.<br /><br />\"If the local junkyard calls you for Jeep parts, you might be a redneck\".... and yes they do!

Comment

• jeepguzzi
          AMC 4 OH! 1
          • Oct 21, 2000

Sounds like fun, guys, but I must decline this time and live vicariously through you all!!

Have a Great Time!!!!
          79Cherokee Chief<br />4\" BDS Lift<br />Custom Bumper <br />33\"x 11.5\" x 15\" BFG All-Terrains"<br /> T.H. 400 B.W.1339 Quadra Trac <br />Mile marker 16% O.D.part time kit<br />360c.i. Edelbrock pkg.<br />MSD ign. & coil <br/>Bored .030 over<br />Tri-Y headers<br />stainless steel exhaust<br />mustang seats<br />Holley 4bbl

Comment

• blackjeep2002
            232 I6
            • Apr 21, 2001

Where's this all happening? Is it in the UP? I live in Wisconsin and "may" be able to get away if the drive is not too bad and the "war department" okays it!
            Keith
            I had a 78 Cherokee Chief,all of this good stuff on it:<br />360,TH400,D18<br />D44F/r (rear Detroit, Front limited slip)4.56 Gearing<br />35\" BFG Mud T/A\'s<br />Custom spare tire carrier<br />Custom dents by trees and stuff!<br /><br />Also own:<br />03 Wrangler<br />31\" tires<br />Rear lsd<br />CB<br />800 lb winch

Comment

• jeepbob
              Jeep Idiot
              • Jan 16, 2001

The Mounds is in the LP about 15 miles north of I69 and about 5 miles west of M15. North of Davidson, Southwest of Otisville, East of Flint.

Comment

Yea well why don't you Lower Mi TROLLS come up to the UP. Have some REAL fun. LOL Wish I could go though.!!
                Daily Driver 2008 Wrangler Sahara
                Going, Gone, or Thinking Fishing

Comment

• jeepbob
                  Jeep Idiot
                  • Jan 16, 2001

Right after I get my t18a in the CJ, BTW you want the rest of the truck?

Comment

• RustyJeep
                    304 AMC
                    • Apr 09, 2000

What if I don't have anything 4x4 to drive while there? Anyone going that I can hitch a ride with?
                    -Rustyjeep-
                    aka Ben Mitchell
                    '73 J4000 3/4 ton -nothing stock-

Comment

• jeepbob
                      Jeep Idiot
                      • Jan 16, 2001

Yeah your always welcome in my truck, just no animals, eh!

Comment

• RustyJeep
                        304 AMC
                        • Apr 09, 2000

Pffssstt! Dang...I was roped into working Friday and Saturday

[ November 28, 2002, 11:17 PM: Message edited by: RustyJeep ]
                        -Rustyjeep-
                        aka Ben Mitchell
                        '73 J4000 3/4 ton -nothing stock-

Comment

• turtlejoe
                          304 AMC
                          • Jun 01, 2002

Originally posted by Crazy_Jeepman:
                          Yea well why don't you Lower Mi TROLLS come up to the UP. Have some REAL fun. LOL Wish I could go though.!!
                          Trolls!! I haven't heard that in a long while down here in Texas. I used to work on Mackinac Island as a tour/taxi driver while in school. The whole troll thing used to crack me up.
                          Kerry - Raised by Jeep
                          "Got Altitude?"
                          "Trigger"
                          '78 Cherokee Chief WT 33X12.50 BFG A/T's, 15X8 Rockcrawlers, 4" BDS lift, TFI, NOS QT, TH400
                          "Sherman"
                          1993 4.0L Grand Cherokee, 44HD rear, 4:10's
                          "Roxie"
                          2004 Rubicon
                          "Moose"
                          2000 Ford Expedition XLT with 4.6L

Comment

Working...
                          X