• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nc wagoneer
    350 Buick
    • May 08, 2012

Western nc and eastern tn roundup

Who lives in western nc or eastern tn mountains? Wanna see how many fsjs we got around here!!!
    old blue-79 jeep wagoneer 360 Quadra Trac (soon to be for sale )
    Name TBA: 77 j20 D60/d44 360/t15 with flatbed (new toy)
    "BROWED AND PROUD"
    Originally posted by fulsizjeep
    Truth is FSJs are crack on wheels. One taste and you are addicted. Then you just want more. Anyone who does not see this is in denial.
  • BIGTRUCK
    230 Tornado
    • Jun 03, 2010

morganton,nc

Hey Yall, I live in Morganton,NC. I have 1969 J2000.
    1969 jeep j2000 406sbc,sm465,np205,rockwells,3958520 michelins xml,spring over,small lift

Comment

• nc wagoneer
      350 Buick
      • May 08, 2012

I know there's dumpy and a few others. Anybody else in the Asheville area??? I'm about 15-20 min from Asheville.
      "BROWED AND PROUD"
      Truth is FSJs are crack on wheels. One taste and you are addicted. Then you just want more. Anyone who does not see this is in denial.

Comment

checking in
        Places to Wheel in the Southeast

Originally posted by Topgun2mo
        I would think boxing would limit the amount the frame could flex over obstacles which I think IMO would be a bad thing. I would think you would want all the articulation possible.
        Originally posted by johnny019
        I'm not saying lockers don't improve the performance of your rig, just that they're overrated.

Comment

• Casey
          • Oct 08, 2003

There's a bunch of us in the upstate SC as well. 50 mins from Asheville

1994 YJ
          1986 Comanche
          '57 FC-150

Carolina Full Size Jeep Club
          www.cfsjc.com

www.patriotguard.org

Originally posted by Jeepstress
          "Go forth and be a tool".
          Originally posted by 78 Wagoneer
          This year for ECI I got a Jeep. Pretty important upgrade.

Comment

• Ray VanBuren
            230 Tornado
            • Mar 27, 2009

Shelby, NC just west of Charlotte. Just acquired a '79 J-10 w/T-18A tranny, D-20 T-case, D-44 F/R w/4.10 gears, 360 CI, 31X10.50-15 A/t's.
            '79 J-10 360 T-18 D-20 4.10 gears in D44's

Comment

• novacayne75
              258 I6
              • Dec 28, 2008

east asheville here.
              78 j-truggy d60/14b,42's,tbi.
              97 zj long armed and locked on 35's
              03 quad cab 3500 ctd tow pig.

Comment

• Rod2
                327 Rambler
                • Apr 11, 2004

I went to Bryson City for the train ride this past week-end, but I didn't see ary FSJ going nor coming back.
                You'all must have been under the shade trees working on your rides rather than driving them.
                By the way, western NC has some rugged country that would be suitable for off-roading. So why do I have to go EAST to Uwharrie to off-road?
                Rod Skaggs
                '73 J4000 'WOOD GO' 360, 2100 MC, T-18, D-20, 60-2 rear, D-44 closed knuckle front with Warn Lock-O-Matics, Eaton E-lockers both, Pertronix module, AC, PS, '77 Firebird tilt column, Hydro-boost, AirLift bags front and rear, 33x15 Goodyear MTR's, Pacer 15x8 aluminum Bullet Holes, Summit line lock, 3rd brake light, MileMarker 12,000 cradle mounted winch

Comment

• nc wagoneer
                  350 Buick
                  • May 08, 2012

Originally posted by Rod2
                  I went to Bryson City for the train ride this past week-end, but I didn't see ary FSJ going nor coming back.
                  You'all must have been under the shade trees working on your rides rather than driving them.
                  By the way, western NC has some rugged country that would be suitable for off-roading. So why do I have to go EAST to Uwharrie to off-road?
                  The 3000 unmolestered acres my house backs up to has trails tougher than uwharrie does!!! And no, I'm not joking
                  "BROWED AND PROUD"

Comment

• Ray VanBuren
                    230 Tornado
                    • Mar 27, 2009

Originally posted by Rod2
                    We used to have an awsome trail system at Tellico. Tree huggers got it shut down.
                    '79 J-10 360 T-18 D-20 4.10 gears in D44's

Comment

• Rod2
                      327 Rambler
                      • Apr 11, 2004

Originally posted by nc wagoneer
                      The 3000 unmolestered acres my house backs up to has trails tougher than uwharrie does!!! And no, I'm not joking
                      Are the trails open to the public? Easy to get to the entrance? Cost to run?
                      Rod Skaggs
                      '73 J4000 'WOOD GO' 360, 2100 MC, T-18, D-20, 60-2 rear, D-44 closed knuckle front with Warn Lock-O-Matics, Eaton E-lockers both, Pertronix module, AC, PS, '77 Firebird tilt column, Hydro-boost, AirLift bags front and rear, 33x15 Goodyear MTR's, Pacer 15x8 aluminum Bullet Holes, Summit line lock, 3rd brake light, MileMarker 12,000 cradle mounted winch

Comment

• nc wagoneer
                        350 Buick
                        • May 08, 2012

Their not really public and we've been trying to keep the local teens from mudding up there because it tears it up, if I could arrange a way of only doing the trails and NO mud IAs would but with owners who could care less what happens, I doubt it Thought about trying to talk to them with a business idea but ya know. Atleast us neighbors have permission to do a little ATV riding.
                        "BROWED AND PROUD"

Comment

• Comancheap
                          232 I6
                          • Jan 27, 2010

76 and 77 here in Indian Trail, NC (30 minutes from Charlotte)
                          John

1977 FSJ, Autumn Red 360 roached gas tank to match exterior!

1972 Buick GS 455 Stage 1.Total basket

1960 Electra 225 convertible 401 Nailhead 445 ft lbs of torque.

1970 455 MF'in Muncie 4 speed Buick GSX rusty yet satisfying! Drive it sideways!

1986 Chevy Silverado Dads first nice truck, claimed by the woods : (

Comment

• woodfar
                            232 I6
                            • Feb 18, 2008

j10

Originally posted by nc wagoneer
                            Who lives in western nc or eastern tn mountains? Wanna see how many fsjs we got around here!!!
                            Not in western nc but in Concord a few minutes from Charlotte. In the next few weeks I will have for sale a 1976 j10 360 Quadratrac running and ready to go. Was my DD before I put my 83 on the road. The 76 is the one in my avitar. You can see more pics at my photo link. If interested PM me.
                            http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/g...ar/ECI%202010/

May the sun be at your back and the wind in your face

Comment

• Atla
                              258 I6
                              • Jun 13, 2012

I'm in Morganton.

BIGTRUCK, we should meet up sometime. Or give me a shout if you need a wrenching hand.
                              ~Atla.
                              My '83 J-10 Rebuild
                              http://fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2722

Comment

Working...
                              X