PDA

View Full Version : 2011 FSJ Enchilada, Las Cruces, NM October 27-30

Michael
06-10-2011, 04:46 PM
All votes are in, date as posted for our 2011 FSJ Enchilada. It will be held again this year on Halloween weekend October 27-30 come early or stay late whatever you want to do. This is a casual get together for some old friends and to meet some new ones. It is usually split up two ways, now anyone is capable here so please do not let the big rigs fool you. The first two days are going to be focused on the stock groups, and the final two days we will split up and this will give some of the owners of the more stock class to ride along and see the big stuff. This is a great trip for everyone and something I am proud to be a part of every year.

I have spoken to Leah at KOA and we will have our spot reserved as usual. I will post the information next week as she is out of town at this moment.

Post up if you are for sure coming, this will give us a head count for tshirts and such!

UPDATE:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::Please Read:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::::::::

Information regarding KOA Reservations. Below
From Leah,

It's always a pleasure having your group return - we look forward to your 4th annual event with us.

As a reminder, the group area is our deluxe tenting, which provides electricity, and also includes our RV water and electric section (these RV sites can handle any rig 22 feet and under). Four sites will offer grassed tenting, and five sites will offer pea gravel tenting. Each site can handle up to four people.

As I've done in the previous two years, I've closed off this area to meet your group needs. As you've had cabins get rented in the past I've closed those off as well. These sites have been closed for an arrival date of October 27th and a departure date of October 31st.

I know your email mentions that you are expecting between 5-8 parties this time around. I know this can be an unknown dynamic. I will hold these sites aside for your group for a reservation deadline of September 30th. Will this meet the needs?

For those members in your group that have not been to our campground before, our park site map can be viewed at either our website, www.lascrucescampgrounds.com (http://www.lascrucescampgrounds.com/) or at KOA's website, www.lascruceskoa.com (http://www.lascruceskoa.com/). The group area are sites 88, 90, 92, 93, and 95-99. The Kamping Kitchen is over in this area, which will allow for food prep. Additionally, there are BBQ grills at your disposal.
As done previously, we are willing to provide you with our 10% group discount. The rates quoted below will include the discount and taxation.

Deluxe Tenting/RV Water Electric: Each site is $30.53 for two adults, or are $40.11 for four adults per night.

Basic Tenting: As offered in the past, should your group need more than the nine sites in the group area, we can spill your party over into basic tenting (in particular sites 76-79). Since these sites do not offer electricity, each site will be $27.66 for two adults, or will be $37.24 for four adults per night.
One Room KOA Cabins: Each one-room cabin can sleep up to four. Each cabin will be $54.94 for two adults, or will be $64.52 for four adults per night.

As with the previous years, our reservation deposit and cancellation policies remain the same, and are:
Reservation Deposit Policy: We will need to obtain a deposit equal to the first nights' stay in order to guarantee a reservation, by processing either a Mastercard or Visa at the time of the call. We will collect the balance of the other nights upon arrival into the campground.

Cancellation Policy: RV and Tent sites have up until 48 hours prior to arrival to cancel their reservation in order to obtain a refund, less a $10 cancellation fee.

Cabins have up until 7 days prior to arrival to cancel their reservation in order to obtain a refund, less a $10 cancellation fee.

Guests must identify themselves as being with the International Full Size Jeep Association party in order to receive the group discount, and in order to be placed within your group area.

As for trailer accommodation, same as the previous years - we can accommodate parking for some trailers in the group area. The overflow parking behind the store can be used for trailer spill over, if needed.

Please email me any additional questions you might have.

Have a great day!

Leah Simpson, Manager
Las Cruces KOA
575-526-6555

Ugly Truck Nut
06-11-2011, 12:59 AM
90% sure. Thanks for putting this together.:thumbsup:

Tad
06-11-2011, 08:26 AM
I will be there.

fulsizjeep
06-11-2011, 08:58 AM
YES :fsj:

Locked and Loaded
06-11-2011, 10:29 PM
Lurking

Michael
06-13-2011, 07:07 PM
Check out the top of the page. Updated information from Leah at the KOA.

Tad
06-13-2011, 07:47 PM
Check out the top of the page. Updated information from Leah at the KOA.
Most Excellent my friend, most excellent.

Sambo
06-14-2011, 09:09 PM
kudos to the yj poolman ;p

fulsizjeep
06-15-2011, 06:11 AM
kudos to the yj poolman ;phear dat! :thumbsup:

Michael
06-15-2011, 05:21 PM
Lol that is what is going to possibly keep me from coming.:(

Tad
06-15-2011, 07:37 PM
Lol that is what is going to possibly keep me from coming.:(
We can fill a FSJ full of water for you (your pool work looks fine).

Michael
06-28-2011, 08:05 AM
We can fill a FSJ full of water for you (your pool work looks fine).

LOL

Sambo
07-07-2011, 04:24 PM
well i have testing and an interview july 20th for Enrichment Technologies.
its a uranium plant,and its 72 miles east.so depending on whats gonna happen decides my future for the FSJ enchilada.just a heads up.if i cant afford to drive it everyday we may move.but thats iffy at this moment.

a good thing,its less work more pay! and pretty much government rules and regulations

Heimeken
07-09-2011, 12:09 PM
Good luck Sam! Ultimately, a better job leads for better fun:thumbsup:

fulsizjeep
07-09-2011, 12:41 PM
Best of luck on this Sam! :thumbsup:

Sambo
07-10-2011, 01:38 PM
thx fellas,hey poolman when the big party?

Tad
07-12-2011, 03:21 PM
...a good thing,its less work more pay! and pretty much government rules and regulations
Less work and more $$ is always good these days. Hope that works in your favor Sam.

Michael
07-14-2011, 05:30 AM
thx fellas,hey poolman when the big party?

Whenever you want to come to Fort Worth. I am always open for a party! Hopefully in the next couple of weeks I can hop back on the yj, does not seem likely but I have not touched it in two months. I am having fun transforming my backyard though it is a good change of pace not working on jeeps all the time......or at least thats what I tell myself:rolleyes:

bigun
07-17-2011, 08:13 PM
well i have testing and an interview july 20th for Enrichment Technologies.
its a uranium plant,and its 72 miles east.so depending on whats gonna happen decides my future for the FSJ enchilada.just a heads up.if i cant afford to drive it everyday we may move.but thats iffy at this moment.

a good thing,its less work more pay! and pretty much government rules and regulations
Good luck thats over in Eunice?

Sambo
07-25-2011, 12:40 PM
yeah charlie it is in eunice.everything went well from my perspective.
just waiting for the testing results.my math was a bit rusty,the rest was cake:thumbsup:

Tad
07-25-2011, 01:10 PM
Got some issues to deal with but I will be there regardless of what might be wrong.

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s80/tadsal/Trips/Ouray%202011/towjob2.jpg

Worst case scenario is we show in Em's QX4 and wheel up and down the KOA driveway.

fulsizjeep
07-25-2011, 02:14 PM
Worst case scenario is we show in Em's QX4 and wheel up and down the KOA driveway.I might need an extra seat in the QX4 if y'all have one. ;)

sealegs
07-25-2011, 03:22 PM
After the past week I have placed this one on the calendar also.
I have to say that its an equal drive from my place to Red River NM - one of my favorite little mountain towns - so I'll be giving up that for another trip with the FSJ crew.

Michael
07-25-2011, 07:45 PM
Sealegs- I have a 30ft Gooseneck I could tow you there if you want to split fuel, I should have my jk on it there should be plenty of room. Just an idea, I do not see my buddy getting his buggy done by then. Well maybe not, we will have to take a measurement or too, since it looks to be a long bed!

bigun
07-25-2011, 11:06 PM
Got some issues to deal with but I will be there regardless of what might be wrong.

Worst case scenario is we show in Em's QX4 and wheel up and down the KOA driveway.

Just wheel the Datsun

sealegs
07-26-2011, 06:43 AM
Sealegs- I have a 30ft Gooseneck I could tow you there if you want to split fuel, I should have my jk on it there should be plenty of room. Just an idea, I do not see my buddy getting his buggy done by then. Well maybe not, we will have to take a measurement or too, since it looks to be a long bed!

It's a short bed and we will need to talk down the road as several things may be changing. The guys I wheel with have some hardcore buggy's and truck and may be bringing them also. If that's the case we will be dragging the gooseneck also.

Michael
07-26-2011, 11:04 AM
What group do you wheel with?

Tad
07-27-2011, 11:13 AM
Reservation Number: 42781.000
Tent W/Electric Site 92
Arrive: 10/26/11 Wed | Depart: 10/30/11 Sun
Deposit Paid: 30.53

fulsizjeep
07-28-2011, 01:51 PM
Reservation Number: 42792.000
Tent W/Electric Site 93
Arrive: 10/26/11 Wed | Depart: 10/30/11 Sun
Deposit Paid: 30.53

bigun
07-29-2011, 11:06 PM
BB and I are trying to decide if we can get both D250 and Crom up by then. Unfortunately he won't be able to make it

fulsizjeep
07-30-2011, 05:30 AM
Please come and bring Crom Charlie. You can run with the "small" Jeeps like Tad & I. :p

Sambo
07-30-2011, 02:48 PM
well i have a deal pending on the wag so i prolly wont bring a smaller jeep:whistle: :lol: . so we might just bring one jeep this year,maybe 2(hello angel:alc: )

Slick Willie
08-03-2011, 08:34 AM
Well I know y'all are going to have fun, like always. I would come out just to ride and drink some brewskies, but I'll be working. :mad: I'll be awaiting pictures!

Sambo
08-03-2011, 06:47 PM
Will,if you show up i'll bring a back seat:thumbsup:

Sambo
08-07-2011, 08:31 AM
well everything went really well.i passed all the tests:eek: i go in weds to HR and start paper work for a new job:thumbsup: turning in my 2 weeks monday @intrepid.

Sambo
08-10-2011, 12:26 PM
well got my new job:D
should have vacation by then.now to make reservations.find out if my trusty sidekicks are going:whistle:

fulsizjeep
08-10-2011, 02:56 PM
YAY Sam, congrats! :thumbsup: Now giterdun. :fsj:

Tad
08-10-2011, 04:17 PM
Excellent Sam!

bigun
08-11-2011, 04:13 PM
should have vacation by then.now to make reservations.find out if my trusty sidekicks are going:whistle:
Congrats glad to see a brother get ahead

mcjeep80
08-15-2011, 04:22 PM

congrats sambo! it dont look good for us. tow rig is down needing injectors again.:mad: i took the jeep to the mud bogs and finished off my t-case. still managed to pull off 2nd place in the modified class. so now i need a new t-case and realy, two new drive shafts. it may work out. i guess we will see

Sambo
08-15-2011, 07:43 PM
irving sent you a pm;)

Jethro
08-15-2011, 07:55 PM
well i have a deal pending on the wag so i prolly wont bring a smaller jeep:whistle: :lol: . so we might just bring one jeep this year,maybe 2(hello angel:alc: )

If work let's me I just might be able to be there that weekend to take delivery of the smaller jeep. :)

Sambo
08-20-2011, 12:11 PM
WHOOOHOOO found my charge cord for my video camera!:D thought i had lost it somewhere from the last trip to cruces.:(
was diggin thru sons junk in his room and found it:mad:

Michael
09-16-2011, 03:24 PM
Well getting close, who all is in this year? Unfortunately I am unable to make it, my son has some serious hockey tournaments over the next few months that are taking any extra money.... And I do not have a rig finished. Pretty bummed about it, but there will always be next year. Gotta put my family first on this one.

Tad
09-16-2011, 03:36 PM
Enjoy the time with your son, you'll never get enough of that.

My rig is still sitting where the flatbed dropped it after Ouray.
I've messed with it a little with no luck and will try going back to carb as time permits (have parts but very little time).
rstep and I have speculated that it may have finally jumped time (over 300K). In case that is true I'm already shopping/looking for a used 455.

If I don't get it running I'm coming in the Q.
It's not lifted or locked yet so it can't do much more than chase parts and explore some of the easier places. There's a couple of ghost towns and an abandoned WWII camp I'd like to check within an hour or two of the LC area.
I'd also be real happy to ride with someone, shoot video and spot as needed

bigun
09-18-2011, 03:48 PM
In case that is true I'm already shopping/looking for a used 455.

Oldsmobile 455 Alb. area

http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/pts/2598134681.html
not sure if this guy has one or just parts
http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/pts/2602015694.html

Heimeken
09-19-2011, 10:53 AM
That's a bummer Michael, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Kids sports are great :thumbsup:.

I'm pretty much ready, haven't done anything significant to the chop-top since last years event. I have lots I'd like to do to it but the J10 has taken priority lately.

Sambo
09-20-2011, 06:18 PM
i thought i had a d300 shifter bought,but the fella sold it!
having hell with my other vehicles:mad: i hope it dont eat up my savings

fulsizjeep
09-22-2011, 07:31 AM
I need a plan... :o

Sambo
09-27-2011, 05:47 PM
well life kicked me in the nutts again!:eek:
jeep ate the radiator, after our explorer 4x4 shift module went out($900)
i just spent $900 on new tires for the dang thing:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
i might have an extra radiator stashed somewhere in my junk that might work

bigun
09-28-2011, 04:00 PM
well life kicked me in the nutts again!:eek:
jeep ate the radiator,
Bad motor mounts?

Sambo
09-28-2011, 05:42 PM
just changed em and chained it down!

fulsizjeep
09-29-2011, 10:39 AM
I need a plan... :oMay be coming in the Kia.

Yes Michael, it has low range. :D

edit: Successful in selling the Camper Special and some parts. Looks like I will make it. :thumbsup:

Tad
09-30-2011, 07:33 AM
May be coming in the Kia.

Yes Michael, it has low range. :D
This weekend will tell if the wag is coming or not.
If I can't pull it together this weekend I'm in the Q.
Have school the weekend of the 8th and 15th and after that, no time.

Yes, it has low range :D .
Unfortunatly it also has the ground clearance of a big wheel.

Tad
10-01-2011, 03:42 PM
I have to call it, the wag is down and out.
3/4" of slop in the timing chain and it sounds like I lost a rod bearing also.

So watch out.
We'll be sportin' new 29's and 8.5" of clearance :eek:

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s80/tadsal/2KQX4/01front.jpg

fulsizjeep
10-01-2011, 05:35 PM
It is Qute! :D

Michael
10-02-2011, 07:42 AM
Wish I could be there to watch that bad boy in action, next year us Texas guys will bring the big guns out there! Eddie is almost done with his buggy, and if I can keep working on mine I should be done around the first of the year. Hope you all have fun, take lots of pics for me!

Sambo
10-04-2011, 05:02 PM
throwing in the towel! our explorer just ran us $1k to fix.a bit upset at this point! which just ate all my cash to come to las cruces!
besides the extra radiator i put in aint cooling well. maybe its the old fan clutch! i'll have plenty of time to work on her now!

Michael
10-04-2011, 06:12 PM
Your to close to throw in the towel.....

Heimeken
10-05-2011, 09:39 AM
:confused: OK guys, this is not looking good, from what I can tell, It is me and maybe Flint on the trails...., Tad in the Q. :confused:

Tad
10-05-2011, 10:40 AM
:confused: OK guys, this is not looking good, from what I can tell, It is me and maybe Flint on the trails...., Tad in the Q. :confused:
I know, bad year.
I have a line on a replacment drivetrain, 454-400-NP???
Even if I grab it this weekend there is no way I will get it done with school in 3 weeks, and if this rig has a 203 it all gets pulled down to build my doubler.

Do we want to call it?
I'm still taking that time off no matter what and so is Em.
We could do some camping up on the Mimbres before it gets too cold.

Heimeken
10-06-2011, 10:39 AM
I know, bad year.
Do we want to call it?
I'm still taking that time off no matter what and so is Em.
We could do some camping up on the Mimbres before it gets too cold.

It's three weeks away, so I think one more week. Don't get any more participants and we call it. There should be at least 3 rigs on the trail, as you know there is always something to fix or pull.

Silver city area might not be a bad idea..., Let's see what happens.

Sambo
10-06-2011, 04:49 PM
to be honest its so bad here i am going to drive my toyota for a while.probly till the end of the year and my raise takes effect. park the jeep for a while:(

fulsizjeep
10-13-2011, 10:34 AM
It has been a tough year here too. Money is tight and we need to focus it towards getting Phoebe back home. I was looking at coming down in the Kia and have been squirreling some money away for the trip. I would rather bring Wally but also have pretty worn out 33s and still haven't fixed the wipers and heater blower. :rolleyes: I drove Wally to work today because I had a chiropractor appt first thing and the Eagle tags are expired. The rear end is starting to howl between 35 and 50. This may be a result of filling the rear end with shaved metal a couple years ago. The R&P chewed a bunch of it into fine metal flakes. I need to pop the cover and inspect it before another road trip. Long story short, might as well call me done for Cruces fellas... .. . :(

Heimeken
10-13-2011, 10:46 AM
Well, I think it is time to say that this event will be cancelled for this year. It's a shame as we are having incredible weather down hear, perfect for wheeling and camping.:banghead:

That said, this gives those of us with the time off some room to make alternate plans and all of us time to work on our trail rigs for next year:thumbsup:. I personally, will be saving up for a new transfercase (atlas or stak hopefully) or I may just do a doubler or reduction box. This would be the single most expensive "upgrade" to what started as a budget crawler.

I hope to see you guys soon on another FSJ event. Arizona in Fall? East Texas in Spring? Ouray? We'll shall see....:cool:

Tad
10-14-2011, 06:08 AM
Understood.
If you have reservations please get in touch with Leah and cancel, I would not want her to think we are a bunch of flakes, she's been real good to us over the past trips.

fulsizjeep
10-14-2011, 08:16 AM
Just cancelled with Leah. :( Tad and I were the only ones with reservations. She had also talked to Michael recently and he told her we may be cancelling out this year for mostly economical reasons so she had a heads up. I look forward to joining y'all on other trail ride opportunities in the near future. I plan to have Wally beefed up by next October. :cool:

:fsj:

Michael
10-14-2011, 04:44 PM
I did speak with Leah a few days ago, she was very understanding. I do again apoligize for this, as I look forward to this event every year.

Tad
10-14-2011, 07:11 PM
I did speak with Leah a few days ago, she was very understanding. I do again apoligize for this, as I look forward to this event every year.
No need to apologize.
The economy sucks for extra cash.
We have families, children and rigs that are way more important than one wheeling trip in the sun.
We shall meet up again soon.

Em and I are still taking the time off, camping someplace, probably near Silver.
Not sure where, but if anyone is interested, shoot me a PM.
We are going someplace.

fulsizjeep
10-22-2011, 12:50 PM
Yeah Michael, no worries bro.

Say what? I just fixed the wipers on Wally. :thumbsup: Almost 2 years ago I had a gremlin melt some stuff in there... :banghead: Since I am on a roll, gonna see if I can get the heater blower working after 6 years inop. :rolleyes:

Tad
10-22-2011, 02:19 PM
...Since I am on a roll, gonna see if I can get the heater blower working after 6 years inop. :rolleyes:
LOL, be my luck 5 other things would go south at the same time.

On a related note Em and I found the donor engine.
Only pic I have right now, we'll get it back to the house and start into it when we get back from the road trip this coming week.

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s80/tadsal/Wagoneer/Donor%20Engine/Left.jpg

fulsizjeep
10-22-2011, 03:14 PM
Glad you got hooked up Tad. :thumbsup:

Hear Ya. Too good to be true, I hit a dead end with no power at the fuse block for the AC/heater. :banghead:

Tad
10-22-2011, 03:23 PM
Glad you got hooked up Tad. :thumbsup:
Yea, dead lady car.
Oh well, kind works with the theme.

Ugly Truck Nut
11-04-2011, 10:58 PM
Here I was, super depressed because I was going to miss it this year and it gets cancelled. Hope to be ready next year.

Sambo
11-16-2011, 03:57 PM
i got super depressed went wheeling and broke my front drive shaft and transfer case! 10 mins off the trailer:eek:

CommanderChaos
11-21-2011, 01:53 PM
i got super depressed went wheeling and broke my front drive shaft and transfer case! 10 mins off the trailer:eek:

How did you manage that?!!

Sambo
11-21-2011, 04:55 PM
my d300 finally give up the ghost! beating on it for 6 yrs.lol a hard 6 yrs:thumbsup:
gonna rebuild with lowmax gears

Tad
11-21-2011, 07:32 PM
my d300 finally give up the ghost! beating on it for 6 yrs.lol a hard 6 yrs:thumbsup:
gonna rebuild with lowmax gears
I was just bragging about how you had yet to kill a D300.
Good job :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

fulsizjeep
11-21-2011, 10:08 PM
Dang. Is it a good thing that you can rebuild it?

Michael
11-26-2011, 07:06 AM
Finally got the YJ done and tested it out. It works really well. Cannot wait until Cruces next year! Did break my transmission adapter so out comes the tcase soon so I can fix that. Cannot complain since I knew I should not have made the mount the way I did.

mcjeep80
11-27-2011, 08:44 AM
glad to hear someone is doing some wheeling.

mine is still without trans, t-case and drivelines. its geting a 4l80/241c. maby then i can even do 55:eek:

been saving all my penies for a new tow rig. i got a 05 dodge 3500 4x4 4dr, cummins 6 sp

fulsizjeep
12-03-2011, 10:51 AM
next year - 37s :thumbsup:
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee184/jubileejeeps/parts-n-stuff/wallys37sloaded.jpg

Michael
12-05-2011, 02:57 PM
X terrains? Be very careful with those, sidewalls are very thin.

fulsizjeep
12-05-2011, 03:05 PM
There are 2 types of Xterrains. This type have the heavier sidewalls for what it is worth.

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee184/jubileejeeps/parts-n-stuff/37s.jpg
They may fit on the J20. That would be nice so I could use the 32s off the J20 to roll these axles around.

Michael
12-05-2011, 03:17 PM
Yeah my 40's a few years back were supposed to be the "heavier" ones. Either way you will love them on the rocks, mine were great! Na put them on the waggy!!!!!! Oh and congrats!

fulsizjeep
12-06-2011, 09:00 AM
Thanks Michael. I am slowly getting things ready for Wally to step up a bit. So, it is a good thing to carry the plug kits huh? Ether too? :cool:

fulsizjeep
12-24-2011, 05:50 PM
May have to take this to Moab like this in April. :cool: Well, with some repairs of course. These tires will be in Cruces, October 2012. :thumbsup: :fsj:

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee184/jubileejeeps/IMG_3525.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee184/jubileejeeps/IMG_3528.jpg