PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Damage

Tad
11-01-2010, 07:49 PM
We fixed a lot of stuff.
Not for me really (Eddie McGuyver kicks butt), once I got the clanging up front I pretty much backed away.

No pic's, we had a lot of speculation, all incorrect on my part.
Pulled the front shaft this morning. There's a slug inside the front driveshaft on the transfer case side, there to keep grease and water out of the tube above the upper shaft splines.
It's punched back into the tube and rattling around when the shaft is engaged, the long spline shaft punched it into the tube when I came down someplace.
Didn't bottom out, no damage to the shaft or tcase, they'll retube the shaft (remove the slug) in the morning and are going to machine the inner double carden for more angle.
Not sure how that works other than cutting away from behind the 2 balls, but I held them face to face in front of me and it looks good.

Sambo
11-01-2010, 08:30 PM
wow thats wierd.clanking like a square shaft.like the one you welded up for michael.

Heimeken
11-02-2010, 10:30 AM
That's good that it was not a more critical part.

I bent up my rear driveshaft pretty good, will need to fix or replace before the next run. Also need to work on the transmission to transfercase adapter that keeps getting loose.

mcjeep80
11-03-2010, 09:14 AM
i only broke that shock mount on the jeep. need to decide on a permanent fix for my fuel problem. and my t-case adapter is already loose again. now as far as the trailers go i trashed the front axle on mine completely and the one i borrowed was returned yesterday with a new spring shackle:o

Sambo
11-03-2010, 05:55 PM
other than the front axle popping out of 4x,pretty good!
but i did manage to bring home a new scratch.i think it might buff out:omfg:
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z54/sammeeks351/fsj%20enchilada%20oct2010/103_4309.jpg
from a better angle
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z54/sammeeks351/fsj%20enchilada%20oct2010/103_4310.jpg

Tad
11-03-2010, 08:18 PM
Ad's character Sam, but you got a lot of that so blame it on Slangel :D

Irving,
If you need a shock tower just hollar.
I have a box of them here.

Heimeken
11-05-2010, 12:09 PM
Eddie can fix that dent easy :thumbsup:

Sambo
11-06-2010, 10:19 AM
dont know if any one else noticed besides michaels entourage and mine! but we were playing "jeep-tag,your it" all weekend long.i did notice a few scratches from that:D

the glassman
11-09-2010, 12:12 AM
enjoyed the trip and hangin with you guys..........

glad i could help out with the repairs.........and next year ill bring my buggy to play...

:thumbsup:

Tad
11-09-2010, 07:48 AM
enjoyed the trip and hangin with you guys..........

glad i could help out with the repairs.........and next year ill bring my buggy to play...

:thumbsup:
Was very nice to meet you Eddie and you made us smaller rig folks feel real comfortable with your knowledge and skillz.
Be great to see you again next year.